Sunday’s 2022 Components 1 French Grand Prix will be a race Charles Leclerc will want to forget.
The Ferrari driver was dominant all weekend and seemed established to safe his fourth gain of the period, but in its place acquired himself his third retirement. He succumbed to a case of snap oversteer at Turn 11 on lap 18, which despatched him into the barriers, ending his race and bringing out the safety car.
This handed the guide location to Pink Bull Racing’s Max Verstappen who went on to get dwelling the get. Mercedes-Benz AMG’s Lewis Hamilton concluded next, 10.587s seconds soon after Verstappen, though fellow Mercedes driver George Russell concluded 3rd, 16.495 seconds right after the winner.
When the lights turned inexperienced at a blisteringly hot Circuit Paul Ricard, Leclerc conveniently pulled away from Verstappen who started out at 2nd on the grid. Fellow Pink Bull driver Sergio Perez started out at 3rd but was quickly handed by Hamilton, but managed to stay in advance of Russell in fifth.
Ferrari at the 2022 Formulation 1 French Grand Prix
Leclerc managed to keep off Verstappen irrespective of a handful of attempts by the Pink Bull driver to overtake. Furthermore, Hamilton was able to hold back Perez. In the meantime, Ferrari’s Carlos Sainz, who began at the again of the grid due to motor penalties, was gradually generating his way up the get.
Sainz attained as substantial as 3rd in the 2nd 50 percent of the race, forward of Russell and Perez, but however an earlier unsafe launch as he left the pits attained him a 5-next penalty. He thus experienced to pit yet again to take the penalty. He would in the end end fifth, using dwelling a reward point for the swiftest lap together the way. Forward of him was Perez who took house fourth.
There were being couple other dramas, while Alfa Romeo’s Zhou Guanyu stopped in the run-off spot at Convert 5 on lap 49, causing the virtual safety car to be deployed.
Next the weekend’s action, Verstappen’s lead in the 2022 Drivers’ Championship has additional extended, with the Crimson Bull driver now sitting down on 233 factors. Leclerc stays in second with 170 points and Perez remains in third with 163 details. In the Constructors’ Championship, Purple Bull potential customers with 396 points, as opposed to the 314 of Ferrari and 270 of Mercedes. The fight carries on this weekend with round 13, the Hungarian Grand Prix.
Mercedes-Benz AMG at the 2022 Formula 1 French Grand Prix
Under are the whole benefits from the 2022 Method 1 French Grand Prix:
1) Max Verstappen, Purple Bull Racing
2) Lewis Hamilton, Mercedes-Benz AMG +10.587 seconds
3) George Russell, Mercedes-Benz AMG +16.495 seconds
4) Sergio Perez, Red Bull Racing +17.310 seconds
5) Carlos Sainz, Ferrari +28.872 seconds
6) Fernando Alonso, Alpine +42.879 seconds
7) Lando Norris, McLaren +52.026 seconds
8) Esteban Ocon, Alpine +56.959 seconds
9) Daniel Ricciardo, McLaren 60.372 seconds
10) Lance Stroll, Aston Martin +62.549 seconds
11) Sebastian Vettel, Aston Martin +64.494 seconds
12) Pierre Gasly, AlphaTauri +65.448 seconds
13) Alexander Albon, Williams +68.565 seconds
14) Valtteri Bottas, Alfa Romeo +76.666 seconds
15) Mick Schumacher, Haas +80.394 seconds
16) Zhou Guanyu, Alfa Romeo +6 laps
NC) Nicholas Latifi, Williams – DNF
NC) Kevin Magnussen, Haas – DNF
NC) Charles Leclerc, Ferrari – DNF
NC) Yuki Tsunoda, AlphaTauri – DNF