Now as we all realized that the world is not going to end in 2012 still we all must accept the hard truth that one day it would because of Global Warming issues. Cars are the need of our day-to-day life for commutation but it also produces a lot of pollution that harms the atmosphere and hence strengthens the global warming. This is the time for everyone to opt for Green Cars to get rid of pollution and lessen the fuel consumption.
Here’s the list of Top 10 Green Hybrid Cars of 2011:
- 2011 Nissan Leaf: May be in terms of range, room or price, the 2011 Nissan Leaf is proved to be the best all-electric car for the masses. Apart from the fuel-efficient factor, the Nissan Leaf is manufactured using recycled materials made from home appliances, plastic bottles and old car parts which are used extensively throughout the vehicle. The 2011 Nissan Leaf offers an equivalent Gas mileage of 99 mpg overall though its electric mileage is 73 miles per charge.
- 2011 Chevy Volt: There have been always a debate on which car is greener, the hybrid Chevy Volt or the all-electric Nissan Leaf. According the technical specifications of the car, the Chevy Volt rides on electric motor for the first 35 miles and when the electric reserves are consumed, the car shifts to the Gas engine which extends the range for 379 miles. The 2011 Chevy Volt offers a Gas mileage of 93 mpg overall.
- 2011 Toyota Prius: The first and foremost option for a hybrid car, the 2011 Toyota Prius is the original hybrid for the masses and still reigns as the best hybrid car in terms of fuel efficiency. The main issue with most of the hybrid cars is that you need to adjust the driving style to get the most out of the vehicle’s fuel-saving technologies whereas in Toyota Prius, it doesn’t require any adjustments and you can drive as you do normally and still get great fuel efficiency the car promises. The 2011 Toyota Prius offers a Gas mileage of 50 mpg overall, 51 mpg in the city and 48 mpg on highway.
- 2011 Lexus CT 200h: It may be the quickest car similar to Toyota Prius in the market today, but still offers responsive resistance and is very athletic. Drive the newest and affordable sport version of the 2011 Lexus CT 200h and you won’t feel you are driving a hybrid on twisting back roads. The 2011 Lexus CT 200h offers a Gas mileage of 42 mpg overall, 43 mpg in the city and 40 mpg on highway.
- 2011 Honda Insight: Now talking about the top 10 Green Hybrid cars of 2011, we can’t miss out on the 2011 Honda Insight, the most affordable hybrid on the market. This car has got even cheaper reducing $1,000 from last year’s price and now is available for a maximum price of $24,000 with additional features. Apart from the affordability of this car, the 2011 Honda Insight also stands out third being the most fuel-efficient hybrid on the road. The 2011 Honda Insight offers a Gas mileage of 41 mpg overall, 40 mpg in the city and 43 mpg on highway.
- 2011 Ford Fusion Hybrid: The main factor responsible to enter this list is the fuel efficiency and the 2011 Ford Fusion makes it into the list because its outstanding fuel economy. Apart from the fuel efficiency, the Ford Fusion is also known for its driving dynamics and comfort which makes the ride smooth and endearing, including SYNC and navigation features in addition to a LCD gauge cluster. The 2011 Ford Fusion Hybrid offers a Gas mileage of 39 mpg overall, 41 mpg in the city and 36 mpg on highway.
- 2011 Volkswagen Golf TDI: Volkswagen Golf has acclaimed many fans around the globe for the European driving experience, hatchback utility and interior quality which is best among other cars in the same segment. The 2011 Volkswagen Golf consists of 2-0 liter turbo diesel engine and retains great acceleration hence offers a great 42 miles per gallon mileage on highway. The 2011 Volkswagen Golf TDI offers a Gas mileage of 34 mpg overall, 30 mpg in the city and 42 mpg on highway.
- 2011 Hyundai Elantra: Nowadays it is very rare to find a compact car that offers a fuel economy of 40 miles or more on the highway. But the 2011 Hyundai Elantra offers such a mileage for every trim. The all new Elantra doesn’t beat the market for its amazing fuel efficiency but also for its stylish interior, bold sheet metal and attractive list of standard and optional features. The 2011 Hyundai Elantra offers a Gas mileage of 33 mpg overall, 29 mpg in the city and 40 mpg on highway.
- 2011 Fiat 500: Coming back into the US automotive industry after a 27-year hiatus, Fiat 500 is all charged up to offer a great driving experience better than other Fiat cars. Though Fiat 500 is smaller and less powerful than the Mini Cooper but it still offers a great personality that can beat even Toyota Yaris. The Fiat 500 also offers a surprising combination of European heritage and sub-compact practicality. The 2011 Fiat 500 offers a Gas mileage of 33 mpg overall, 30 mpg in the city and 38 mpg on highway.
- 2011 Ford Focus:The main reason for the entry of 2011 Ford Focus in the top 10 list of hybrid cars of 2011 is its impressive fuel economy, great European style interior, excellent handling, Ford’s Sync entertainment and communication system. The 2011 Ford Focus also comes with an option to equip the Focus with Ford’s auto-park feature. The 2011 Ford Focus offers a Gas mileage of 31 mpg overall, 28 mpg in the city and 38 mpg on highway.
These are the top 10 green and hybrid cars launched in the year 2011. There are still more lists to come soon here for top 10 sedans, top 10 convertibles, top 10 SUVs etc. Keep reading this articles.